Editor in Chief Orion Williams and I have played many, many, many video games during our lives. Some were brief but fun jaunts. Others are still talked about as if the stuff of legend. Multiplayer moments have been created. Stories still told to this day. Experiences were had that have helped shape how we look at future games. Silliness and glitches and physics engine wackiness has been seen and still almost not believed. We have played many, many, many games and of all those games these titles have made the most impact for their own very special reasons. Take a look as Fizmarble presents Orion Williams’ and Brian Coelho’s top 5 picks for each of our favorite games of all time.
Happy 25th Birthday to Mega Man. He is one of if not the biggest characters in Capcom’s gaming catalog and has over 50 releases to his name, or Rockman, which he is known as in Japan.
His first game came out in 1987 for the Nintendo Entertainment System and since then he has continued to appear on almost every system released. Archie comics currently releaes a monthly magazine and he even had his own cartoon series in the 90’s.
Created by Dr. Light, Mega Man is an android who was made to be a lab assistant. After the evil Dr. Wily started creating robots of his own to take over the world, Mega Man was modified to do battle with those minions to protect those who can’t protect themselves.
While he uses his tried and true Mega Buster cannon, Mega Man is known for assimilating te powers of the robots he defeats in turn helping him against future opponents and really putting the Mega in that name of his.
Mega Man is a classic gaming character and we here at Fizmarble salute him for being a classic and for continuing to go strong all these years later. Celebrate this birthday/anniversary by having a go ayour choice of Mega Man games offered up on Xbox Live and The Playstation Network. Or you can go dust off that NES and have at it in true O.G. style.
Check out the intro to the cartoon series and a fan made Mega Man video below.
Twenty years ago, video game fans were introduced for the first time to Nintendo’s iconic Kirby™ character. Now fans can celebrate the 20th anniversary of the pink and powerful hero with Kirby’s Dream Collection: Special Edition, available exclusively for the Wii™ system. This colorful collection includes six classic Kirby games on one disc, additional Challenge Stages based on 2011’s Kirby’s Return to Dream Land™, an interactive timeline, a CD containing favorite music from the series and a commemorative book that gives new and existing fans a fun inside look at the history of Kirby.
Since his debut in 1992’s Kirby’s Dream Land™ for the portable Game Boy™ system, Kirby has starred in 22 video games that have collectively sold more than 33 million units worldwide. Over the years, players of all kinds have joined him on wild adventures in Dream Land, experiencing the fun of watching Kirby fly, inhale enemies to copy their abilities or spit them out as projectiles. Kirby’s Dream Collection: Special Edition includes an action-packed array of fan-favorite Kirby games, music and commemorative content:
- Kirby’s Dream Land (originally released for Game Boy in 1992)
- Kirby’s Adventure™ (originally released for NES™ in 1993)
- Kirby’s Dream Land™ 2 (originally released for Game Boy in 1995)
- Kirby’s Super Star (originally released for Super NES™ in 1996)
- Kirby’s Dream Land™ 3 (originally released for Super NES in 1997)
- Kirby 64™: The Crystal Shards (originally released for the Nintendo 64™ system in 2000)
- “New Challenge Stages,” a new set of Challenge Stages in the style of those found in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (originally released for the Wii system in 2011)
- Kirby’s History, an interactive timeline that players can use to browse classic box art, game footage and milestones from throughout Kirby’s 20-year career — all with the ability to jump straight from the timeline into a game
- A special audio CD containing 45 memorable tracks (more than an hour’s worth of music) from across Kirby’s career, including alternate versions of three classic Kirby themes
- Kirby’s 20th Anniversary Celebration Book, which contains fascinating character information and illustrations, including early Kirby concept artwork
“Kirby is recognized around the world as a character that embodies imaginative family fun,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “This special collection is a fitting way to commemorate his first 20 years as a true gaming hero. With nearly 40 million Wii systems sold in the United States alone, players of all experience levels can join in the celebration by checking out Kirby’s Dream Collection: Special Edition.”
Get your copy of Kirby’s Dream Collection for the Wii at the link below.
[easyazon-image align=”none” asin=”B008GFZV6Y” locale=”us” height=”160″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pdi6l5ucL._SL160_.jpg” width=”112″]